Hey there and welcome! Wow, you want to get to know me and I’m really excited about it! Here we go…
…Who Runs How To Make It Happen?
My name is Anja. And I’m here to listen to your needs – as you can tell by the picture above 😉
I’m a recovered sugar addict and ex-finance person. Actually, I have the feeling that I’ve experienced many lives in just a little over 30 years, and I am very grateful for that. So it’s kind of hard to introduce myself “in short.”
Instead, I’d simply invite you to go over to my YouTube Channel to get a feeling of who I am. Feel free to comment or message me with questions if your curiosity isn’t satisfied yet 😉
A few facts about me:
- I’m an early morning person, I love the quiet mornings and feel sad when I miss out on them.
- But… I also LOVE siestas! They are just the best, especially on a rainy day.
- I used to be super sporty: I ran a full-distance marathon in 4h08 and participated in a few Olympic or sprint distance triathlons. My knees suffered. I’ve been doing very little the past 2-3 years but I intend to get back on the sports track.
- I love learning languages. Currently learning Mandarin Chinese and preparing for HSK4, just for fun, it’s a hobby!
- I’m an eternal OPTIMIST. NOTHING can’t be solved, be it outside or inside yourself.
- I love numbers, excel, and budgeting.
- I believe in the power of a healthy diet for a fulfilling life FULL OF ENERGY. I’ve discovered Wildfit and want to stay on this way of living (or anything better) forever. Because I want to outrun my grandchildren if I ever have any.
- I’m 33. I look forward to aging, as my life only seems to get better and better.
- I think I will easily live up to 110+ years in great health and shape. And I believe chances are high you will, too.
Why Start How To Make It Happen?
I have always believed that sharing personal experiences, solutions, and ideas to progress is essential for a well-functioning society. I want US TO BECOME HEALTHIER, HAPPIER, BETTER TOGETHER.
That’s why I started this website. I am particularly interested in breaking down the science of changing habits into small, actionable steps. I, personally, wanted (and still want) to become better at improving my habits. It’s such a joy to change ONE small (or big) thing and see how it ends up changing many aspects of my life for the better…
I have come a long way, but I still intend to go further. This blog is for me to share my past wins, current projects, and dreams with you. At the same time, HMH is a great incentive for me to keep learning. That way, I will share whatever new and good ideas are out there to Make [All The Things You Want] Happen. One step at a time, with focus and self-care.
Mission and Principles
I intend to help you feel lighter, happier, FREER.
#1 All is ONE and ONE is All
To live a simpler yet more fulfilling life is multidimensional. It will probably take some time to get where you want. But this is OK. Our current lives are quite complex. Otherwise, we would not feel so overwhelmed all the time.
Possessions, surroundings, environment, electronics, food, body, relationships. They all can be part of the solution (or problem) for you. Simplifying and focusing is probably one of the first steps that will help you out.
#2 One Step at a Time
It may be tempting to jump all in and try to revolutionize all aspects of your life at once.
While it certainly makes sense to use this momentum, you should also prepare for setbacks and relapses. Those are part of the process.
Taking one step at a time is most recommended. If you are doing one challenge or one program, just stick with that one until it sinks in.
#3 Focus on Your Progress
We are all pretty good at bringing ourselves down. We forget our past achievements because we only see what we are currently failing at.
Please, stop doing this. Right now.
Focusing on your past and current progress will help you go further, quicker and better.
If you feel like you are having a relapse, ask yourself: how often was I relapsing before? Is there any progress?
Make it your strength to always see the good side of any situation.
#4 Practise Self-Compassion
Be kind to yourself and show self-compassion. You are NOT ALONE.
This is the way I want you to move forward. With a kind and loving voice from within that nicely pushes you forward, instead of setting you back.
Other Projects I am Involved In
Besides howtomakeithappen.com, I’ve also partnered with my mom to create aginggreatly.com, a website intended to help women to face their fear of aging and embrace the power that comes with experience instead.
I am collaborating with my dear friend Felipe (website: reartezar.com.br) in the area of recycled arts and sustainability. I very much hope to be able to help him live the life we both dream of while having a positive impact on this world. I am also involved in the project Privacy by Blockchain Design and I help my partner develop his website crowfall.crusaderw.com.
Looking forward to having you on this journey with me.
Peace of I,
Founder of howtomakeithappen.com